Junior Coach Program
First Tee – Greater New Orleans Junior Coach Program was created for participants age 13+ to help model and teach the Life & Golf Skills curriculum to our younger participants. Junior Coaches provide a vital service to the First Tee community by decreasing the student-to-instructor ratio in our classes, directly improving our young golfers’ learning experience. At the same time, they build their resumé and real-world career competencies. Junior Coaches will also gain community service hours for school, build teamwork skills, and earn “Leadership Service” hours toward their Eagle and Ace certification. All Junior Coach positions will work directly with our staff and will receive ample support, guidance, and seasonal coach trainings.
Our Junior Coaches
Junior Coach Qualifications
Junior Coaches are chosen based on: application packets, participation in First Tee programming, leadership capabilities, and academic performance in school.
- Must be age 13+
- Registered Eagle or Ace participant
- Minimum 2 years with FTGNO
- Must have own personal email
- Ability and eagerness to work with children
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of the Nine Core Values and Nine Healthy Habits
Junior Coach Responsibilities
- Engaging with children in fun and educational activities through the game of golf
- Reinforcing and demonstrating the Nine Core Values and Nine Healthy Habits
- Supervising children and ensuring their safety
- Communicating with parents, supervisors, and coaches
- Contributing to FTGNO social media accounts
- Assisting with major events, fundraisers, and tournaments
- Serving as speakers and ambassadors for FTGNO
There is no minimum hourly commitment, but a consistent weekly schedule will be developed for you each session based on your availability. To remain eligible for national and local participant opportunities, each participant must maintain “good standing” in the Junior Coach Program.
To learn more, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.