WELCOME TO FIRST TEE Greater New Orleans’ Backyard Links ONLINE CURRICULUM FOR SPRING 2020!
Beginning the week of April 13th, 2020, we will be providing our signature Life Skills Curriculum online through Google Classroom. For 6 weeks, participants will be able to log in and participate in virtual classes taught by coaches from First Tee Greater New Orleans. Participants will have the opportunity to engage and learn in the following ways:
- Through instructional videos covering the Nine Core Values, golf skills, golf rules and healthy lifestyle habits.
- Playing interactive games that will help participants have a better understanding of the weeks core lesson.
- Take quizzes to test their knowledge. Quizzes can be taken unlimited times.
- Prepare videos of their own to show how they are applying the core lesson, Nine Core Values, Nine Healthy Habits and golf skills.
Participation in these activities is voluntary, however, students can earn credit each week towards certification into their next class level.
HOW IT WORKS
Sign in for the first time
- Go to classroom.google.com, click Go to Classroom or choose and existing account
- Enter your username and click Next.
- Enter your password and click Next.
- If there is a welcome message, read it and click Accept.
- Click Get Started.
- Click the + sign in the upper right corner of the screen and choose Join class.
- Enter your class code from the below list.
- Target – fawagym
- PLAYer – m2q6wwn
- Par – 2ndgqzl
- Birdie – dkht4v7
- Eagle – dnvlbyz
- Familiarize yourself with the various tabs.
- Stream – View messages from your coaches
- Classwork – Links to instructional videos, assignments, games and quizzes will be found here. You also access the class drive from here to upload your videos each week.
- People – See who your coaches and fellow students are.
- Grades – See how you did on assignments and quizzes.
- Go to your stream and watch the welcome video from your coaches.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any technical issues you may have.
Below you will find the syllabus for your particular level. Please only join the class for the level in which you are currently signed up. You will not receive credit for completing work for another class level.TARGET Backyard Links - Spring 2020
PLAYer Backyard Links - Spring 2020
PAR Backyard Links - Spring 2020
BIRDIE Backyard Links - Spring 2020
EAGLE Backyard Links - Spring 2020
APRIL 13TH – MAY 24TH
- View instructional video from your coach describing the core lesson for the week. Videos will include the core lesson, a Nine Core Value, a golf skill, a golf rule and a healthy habit. Just like in our regular classes.
- Participate in the posted activity. Activities will be interactive and will help participants to master the concepts being taught that week.
- Quiz Time! Take a short quiz over the core lesson to see what you’ve learned! Continue to take the quiz until you get a 100.
- It’s your turn. Create and upload a video showing how you are applying one of the concepts in the core lesson (Nine Core Values, healthy habit or golf skill).
- Videos should be uploaded into the classroom drive. More instructions will be provided by your coach each week.
Friday – Sunday
- Practice the weeks golf skill on your own!