The primary responsibilities of the Development Manager are to support and assist the Executive Director with soliciting, managing and maintaining all annual revenue-generating activities for First Tee Greater New Orleans. These activities include planning, implementation, execution, tracking and communication with sponsors and donors. This role focuses on philanthropy-related events and strategic sponsorship initiatives to increase brand awareness, support the mission, vision and values of First Tee, strengthen the organization’s position in the local community and secure funding resources needed to implement, grow and sustain the organization and its programming activities and events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a comprehensive annual giving plan that includes strategic measures for donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Identify, evaluate, and pursue grant opportunities and provide development data and information to the Executive Director as requested regarding the grant application process.
- Support and assist with all philanthropy-related events to include correspondence, promotion, and logistics as well as assistance to Executive Director and site-specific event staff.
- Lead stewardship efforts to board member, donors, and event participants.
- Develop and oversee marketing strategies for all development programs and initiatives, to included advertising, collateral and printed materials, e-communications, social media, etc.
- Evaluate all development initiatives on a regular basis and provide updates to the Executive Director and Development Committee.
- Actively support the Executive Director by attending meetings and providing relevant information and resources.
- Oversee the management of the organization’s donor database and ensure that all information is accurately updated and available in timely manner.
- Manage all new and existing sponsorships and/or corporate partners and network to build and/or maintain close working relationships with local businesses, golf facilities and internal stakeholders to execute programs.
- Proactively identify potential corporate partners that result in funding and/or event sponsorship opportunities.
- Collaborate with internal staff and external partners to provide planning and logistical information and support for special events and community outreach projects, as needed.
- Serves as a liaison with corporate partners on sponsorship execution.
- Maintain the tracking system to monitor the impact of programs and optimization, as necessary.
- Responsible for the financial management of all aspects pertaining to development to include, coordinating sponsor invoicing, and tracking of program components.
Bachelor’s Degree in sales, marketing, or related field
Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a philanthropy, development or sales related field
Experience with donor management software preferably Network for Good or similar system
Strong oral and written communications skills
Excellent critical thinking skills
Strong organizational skills
Grant writing and proofing experience
Experience with youth-serving organizations
Knowledge or interest in the game of golf or golf management
Reports to: Executive Director
Job Classification: Full-time/Exempt
Work Shifts: M-F, 9am-5:30pm and some evenings/weekends for special events may be required. Attend all fundraising and appropriate programming events.
Compensation and Benefits: Commensurate with education and experience. Fringe benefits effective upon hire.
Submit a cover letter, current resume and (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
First Tee Greater New Orleans is an Equal Opportunity Employer