First Tee Coach
We are looking for responsible, caring coaches who want to help young people grow not just as golfers, but as people. You bring experience working with kids and a love of the game, and we’ll take care of the rest. Our First Tee coaches undergo a full training program to help them teach the game of golf, leadership skills, and life values.
First Tee — Greater New Orleans is a youth serving agency whose mission is to positively impact the lives of New Orleans-area young people by providing educational programs that build character, instill life- enhancing values, and promote healthy choices, through the game of golf. To achieve this mission, we conduct year-round golf and life skills programming for local youth on a daily basis at our partner golf facilities throughout Greater New Orleans.
First Tee coaches are responsible for guiding and coaching young people to become responsible future citizens and committed, active golfers by positively impacting their lives through First Tee’s Golf and Life Skills Experience curriculum, using lesson plans and the First Tee Coach Building Blocks.
The Director of Education, Tuyen Nguyen
Audubon Golf Course, Bartholomew Golf Couse, Chateau Golf & Country Club, City Park Golf Courses, Cypress Lakes Country Club, English Turn Golf & Country Club, Grand Ridge Golf Club, Lakewood Golf Club, LaTour Golf Club, Oak Harbor Golf Club, Stonebridge Golf Club, Timberlane Golf Club and TPC Louisiana.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Enroll and be active in First Tee’s Coach Training program, aspiring to become a recognized First Tee Coach
- Maintain a professional and cordial attitude towards co-workers, volunteers, participants and their parents
- Become proficient in the delivery of TARGET, PLAYer, Par, Birdie and Eagle lesson plans
- Model First Tee’s Nine Core Values & Nine Healthy Habits
- Maintain consistent and regular attendance rosters
- Begin and end scheduled lessons on time
- Conduct pre-lesson coaching sessions for assistant coaches and volunteers at least 15 minutes prior to the start of every lesson
- Convey the Chapter’s brand image to the public
- Create and distribute lesson plans for Target, PLAYer, Par, Advanced Par, Birdie, and Eagle classes
- Conduct First Tee’s Certification process with youth participants
- Monitor the quality of equipment and inform the Director of Education of equipment needs
- Maintain and organize all equipment storage areas
- Assist Director of Education with the development of new procedures and program activities to improve student retention, including recognition and longevity awards
- Encourage and assist qualified youth to participate in golf tournaments, Home Office opportunities and local chapter events
- Conduct orientations for participants, parents and volunteers
- Participate in regular parent meetings and clinics
- Make the game fun for youth participants
- Provide a safe environment in all areas at all times
- Involve volunteers and golf professionals in First Tee’s Coach Program
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills
- Adhere to the standards of First Tee’s Code of Conduct
- Be charismatic, personable, and motivational in working with youth
- Be available to attend academies, regional and annual meetings and training sessions
- Graduation from an accredited high school recognized by the State required. Bachelor’s Degree in the area of sports administration, education, recreation or related field preferred.
- All candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check.
- At least two years’ experience in a youth development setting or as a credentialed school educator.
- At least two years’ experience as a youth sports coach.
- Familiarity with the game of golf.
- Reliable transportation to travel to and from golf course locations.
All coaches will be provided free training opportunities through the First Tee Coach Training program, which includes participation in Assistant Coach Training, Level 1, 2 & 3 Coach Training.
Certified First Tee Coaches will be provided discounted rates to play and practice at various First Tee program locations.
Certified First Tee Coaches will receive discounts to purchase equipment and apparel through First Tee partner vendors, such as TaylorMade/Adidas Golf.
Pay range is $9/hr. – $25/hr., based on training, experience and qualifications.
Send resume and cover letter explaining why you are interested in coaching with First Tee Greater New Orleans to Executive Director, Chip Patterson at email@example.com.